View Single Post
Old September 15, 2009, 06:29 AM
Allstar

Edit: Before I bought the Angstroms I was auditioning the Paradigm's along with B&W's that were about twice the price when you add up the price of the Modular 2's and 10i sub. I was frankly really dissapointed in both sets of speakers. I found them quite bright and harsh. I will admit that I'm really sensitive to the higher frequencies so your experience may be different. Thank god for Silk dome tweekers :)

As for other fantastic Canadian speakers you can look into Totem if you listen to a lot of classical, although they are expensive. By far my favourite Canadian speakers right now are Angstrom (Loud Speakers | Angstrom Loudspeakers). IMO the best price/performance out there right now. Look into the Modular series, the Mod 2's are around $650 and their center channel is only $350. If you email them you can get their 10i sub for around $250 as B stock instead of the full price of $850. This has been the only setup I've heard where the sub this musical. It dissapears completely as do the Mod 2's. All you are left with is the music.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N