View Single Post
Old September 11, 2009, 01:34 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Default Need help on 2 builds(budget)

Hi, due to certain event I need advise on some building plan for friends.

Build 1- My friends 4 years old system went dead and looking for a basic build(350-400 dollar tax in)

Build 2- My friend told me he got hooked by another friend for a Phenom system for 650 tx in. Computers: Desktop Computers: HP Pavilion Computer featuring AMD Phenom X4 Quad Core 9750 (M9500Y) - English -Refurb - Online Only | Best Buy Canada Web Store I felt going thru online building can reach lower price/better gear point as university license is next to nothing. Wanted to see if a possible building plan that can persuade him from going to the evil side.

Quote:
Build 1, Build 2 is below

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.

Basic usage, occasional light gaming(wc3, maple story, heroes of newerth. Also possibly looking into next gen MMO's with low quality setting)

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.

Any online store(Ncix,TD,CC,DC)

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.

None

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.

Hard drive, cd rom. And possibly the old case which is an antec sonata(would swap psu I assume)

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.

Yes, but seems like unable to find with budget this range

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.

default. It's not my rig

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?

Anytime, but I think I will go thru 1 month part hunting.

Quote:
Build 2

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.

Basic usage, occasional light gaming(wc3, maple story, heroes of newerth. Also possibly looking into next gen MMO's with medium quality setting)

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.

Any online store(Ncix,TD,CC,DC)

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.

None, but would want to stay phenom II and Nvidia gfx card to give him direct comparisn.

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.

No

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.

No, due to restriction of my search. Seems like ATI cards is more popular at this price range.

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.

default. It's not my rig

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?

Anytime, but I think I will go thru 1 month part hunting.
Thanks!