View Single Post
Old September 9, 2009, 03:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
the 3x6 is for when idiots like myself throw a pot on the card and run it at 1200MHz+ under LN2. to prevent us from having to cap/inductor/PWM mod the card to run higher clocks.

this card is the child of one of the best overclocker's on the planet Peter Tan AKA Shamino. adding the third 6 pin was a nice touch as it means the cards PWM will never be starved of power from the PSU...again, in these extremely rare sub-zero balls to the wall scenarios. the PWM may or may not need all three to always be connected, i honestly haven't been following, but the way the PWM is setup it may need all three all the time, even though it is complete overkill of 99% of the users that will be running these cards.

they have designed these cards for a specific purpose but added enough cool stuff to appeal to every day users who just have to have the best...just don't forget their true purpose when questioning some of the design aspects.
Ya I think they did that so they could sell more. If they made this only for the extreme overclockers then it would not sell that many. So in order to gain some profit they try to sell it to multiple groups but it is truly for overclockers.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."