View Single Post
Old September 8, 2009, 08:15 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
Default Conclusion :: Amazingly shallow me

Well, there you have it. The new P55 courtesy of Gigabyte and their GA-P55-UD4P and a pretty weak Intel i5 750. On the whole the board performed very well. It didn't take me much time at all to get 245BCLK stable on phase change and to get the memory up to 1175MHz. Unfortunately more time didn't yield any better results. As I said, it is still early so it is hard to tell whether the board or CPU is holding back both those clocks. The behavior below -50C is also up in the air until further testing with more processors and boards can happen.

From a non-extreme benchmarking aspect though, this board looks to be solid. It handled a lot of abuse and made the overclocking fairly easy for me. Having spent a lot of time on various Intel motherboards definitely helped but the P55-UD4P was pretty predictable most of the time. Every now and then I get a blue screen when pushing things too hard and the board doesn't want to POST, but a quick shut down and she comes back to life like nothing happened. The features this board offers really are great for the $160USD it should be fetching. If you are a dedicated bencher looking for the next great board, you might want to move up in weight class to the UD5 or UD6...but for those looking to buy in the mid-range, definitely keep the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P on the list of candidates. It handled all I could throw at it and hopefully your 24/7 use doesn't see the same stress I gave it this week