View Single Post
Old November 5, 2007, 03:10 AM
Top Prospect

I went through my start menu and posted these that I found...

FreeRAM XP Pro :FreeRAM XP Pro - Reviews and free FreeRAM XP Pro downloads at Download.com

This program frees up RAM that is running on your system in real time...totally freeware...Works great.

Peer guardian 2 : PeerGuardian 2 download and review - IP address blocker from SnapFiles

PeerGuardian 2 is an IP address blocker that can prevent access to thousands of sites. It uses multiple, categorized lists and you can choose which type of site(s) you want to block, including spyware/malware related, advertising related, P2P file sharing related and more. The lists are maintained and updated by a community and you can automatically have the program download the latests lists, and also create your own based on your personal blocking preference. PeerGuardian 2 keeps track of all blocked sites, and you can easily overwrite blocking rules or add new site directly from the log viewer.

This program is totally free and it's awesome, works great.

DOSBox : DOSBox, a x86 emulator with DOS

A DOS emulator for the x86 platform....good if you have those favorite programs that need to run in a DOS environment.

Magic ISO : Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

I know everyone likes Daemon tools and so do I but I also like this one it is small and compact and leaves a small footprint.

Magic Disc : Mount ISO Files - Freeware MagicDisc Download

Ditto.

Net Eagle: ThemeSoft Development

Speeds up your broadband connection...this really works too. Go to speedtest before using and after to see a big difference.

Frostwire : FrostWire.com Official Website & Free Download, BitTorrent

Free Limewire Pro alternative...works really well and is updated by the online comminuty.

Trillian : Cerulean Studios: Creators of Trillian and Trillian Pro Instant Messengers

Encrypted text chat agent for MSN, AIM, Yahoo etc...works really well. Who needs big brother looking over our shoulder?

VideoLAN : VideoLAN - Free Software and Open Source video streaming solution for every OS!

Awesome video/movie player. Licensed under the GPL and this thing works great and isn't bloatware like some of the other options out there.

I have used and/or use other ones that people have already mentioned and there are many many out there that just plain suck.