View Single Post
Old August 14, 2009, 10:10 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

SugarJ;

I believe the Asus one i bought uses an aftermarket cooler, and thus has it's own little mosfet heatsink as I've seen in a few reviews. I believe 1 pack of 8 should be enough, also bought a heatsink for the motherboard.

Charlie;

Can't switch to 3/8'' now... already purchased everything. But it's okay. I'll find away to work around it. Are you sure the tubes will kink if I use the standard mounting holes? I'm not sure how to go as to drilling two holes into the rear of the case. The only power tool I have available is a regular power drill with a few bits. Dremel is located somewhere else. Also, what did you use for the rubber grommets? I'll post some pictures and my results when the time comes.

Miggs;

I'm on a budget, so the typhoon III is a little too much for me. I'm not sure how I would use it in a single loop anyway. I also read a lot about all sorts of leaks on that guy and how some cases require you to hammer down some rails. As for the biocide, Primochill states...
Our special Anti-Microbial formula helps keep your cooling loop pristine—which keeps flow rates up, reduces maintenance, and just flat out looks better.

Will see if this holds true.

Tune back in a week for updates, or just post anything you think I can do better on or suggestions.

Thanks.