View Single Post
  #15 (permalink)  
Old October 25, 2007, 09:48 AM
SKYMTL's Avatar
SKYMTL SKYMTL is offline
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 13,622

Very few people know this but you can contest customs charges by calling the number on the back of the customs form which you received with your package. People that contest on the basis of it being an RMA are usually granted a rebate of their customs fees after about 4 weeks.Since the original item was bought in Canada before RMA, it already has all the Canadian tariffs charged on it so they are not allowed to charge you customs fees on it a second time. You will need to provide your original bill of sale, your RMA form as well as the customs documentation which came through the shipper and fax them to the CCRA. You will be able to get your money back most of the time.
Reply With Quote