Thread: 4 Ghz stable(?)
View Single Post
Old August 2, 2009, 02:36 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh2 View Post
@ Airshehan - Thanks! My thermal paste at the moment is Tuniq TX-2 from way back when. Should I change to The Chill Factor thermal paste? These are the only 2 that I have, excluding the one that came with the waterblock. That one just looks really ghetto...

And yes, I think you are right. I think I will reduce my frequency, since I'm not aiming for any benchmarks. I just wanted to see if I could hit 4 Ghz :D

As far as extra case fans, the case I'm using right now (Thermaltake Xaser III, oldschool :P) is not too great. It's got seven 80mm fans that don't do much, really...
Yeah, I think you should try out the chill factor thermal paste and see if it does better or worse than the tuniq thermal paste! No need for you to keep the CPU at 4 GHz, around 3.6Ghz is fine! And congrats, you made it to 4GHz! Keep us posted
Dell XPS 630i / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.67GHz / Stock Cooling (Temporary) / 6GB DDR2 800 RAM + 4GB Windows ReadyBoost/ Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT / Samsung SpinPoint 640GB + Seagate FreeAgent 250GB / 750W PSU / Nvidia Nforce 650i SLI / Logitech X-235 Speakers + Plantronics .Audio 370 Gaming Headset / Dell 22' E228WFP / Razer DeathAdder /Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit
Airshehan