View Single Post
Old July 13, 2009, 12:20 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Since that even at idle the temperatures produced by the GPU, VRMs, memory, PWM, HDD etc, etc never progress in a linear or repeatable fashion, comparing one heatsink to another in a closed case is next to impossible.
Then when average Joe with his average case and average GPU will OC his average Nehalem @3.8GHz and 1.45V and he'll see his CPU in (near) throttle with his screaming Hyper 212 probably will be disappointed by HWC review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
But i have crap airflow
OK, then Hyper with a 2k fan should be OK for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Instead of talking BS and criticizing, I think you guys should appreciate the reviews done by these reviewers
As I said HWC is (was?) on my very short list of trusty reviews site and I always appreciate their reviews (I've linked them many times in our forums) but this don't stop me to say something if I see something that I disagree. I'm not an yes-man, usually I say what I have do say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
AkG.. maybe you could just post some results on the Hyper 212+ with one Noctua fan, so all these guys can have some satisfaction, that's if it is possible and when you have free time.
I don't need satisfaction because I know where a HDT heatsink stay on a regular Nehalem @3.8GHz and 1.45V in a closed case at usual ambient temperature: upper 80's.
All I want to say in my posts was that HWC Hiper 212 charts will not translate in real life. At least not for a Nehalem heavily OC-ed.