View Single Post
Old July 10, 2009, 12:03 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Question New to water cooling

Hello all. So I'm building my first water cooled rig and I'm looking for a bit of advice. I've decided that I'm going to use 3/8" ID nozzles with 1/2" OD so that means i'm going to use 1/2" ID tubing. Correct me if I'm wrong. I've also decided that most of my parts are going to come from Koolance to make it easier on me. The parts I want to water cool are my GPU and chipset. I'm content with a nice fan and heatsink for my CPU. So here's the parts I'm putting into my rig:

Cooler Master HAF 932 case

EVGA GeForce GTX 275

EVGA E758-A1 mobo

Intel Core i7 920

6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Memory

WD 500GB HDD

CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W PSU

Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme CPU heatsink

Here's what I plan to have go into the water cooling loop for the chipset and GPU(all from Koolance website):

I'm going to use a pump/res combo from Koolance: RP-1000BK
My GPU and chipset cooling blocks are also coming from Koolance and I'm planning on getting my radiator fans from Koolance.

My biggest decision is what radiator I should get. I'm ok with getting that from a different company. I've been looking at 3x 120mm radiator set-ups. I've found the Koolance one (obviously) and I've found stackable radiators from Swiftech:

MCR320 "QuietPower" stackable radiators (which seem pretty cool)

But I've also been referred to the Black Ice GTX 360 rad.

So if I go with the swiftech rad, I'm planning on stacking it. Is that over-kill? or is the Black Ice or Koolance radiators better than the stacked Swiftech?