View Single Post
Old July 8, 2009, 01:56 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Tell me if I am wrong but have any company already done a on the go disk system like that? If yes tell me wich model because this is one of the reason I'm going to get this case!
It looks like there might be a couple out there other than the Obsidian, but this is the first consumer case I've seen with the ability to hot-swap drives from the front of the case (that's a capability usually left to server cases). The first I was able to find is the Lian-li TYR PC-X2000. The second, very similar case is the ABS Canyon. Both of these cases are HUGE, hard to find or very expensive, whereas the Obsidian is of standard full tower dimensions, and is going to hit stores for $299 USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouki View Post
Any word on a release yet? I might hold out for a few reviews before purchasing it as there are a few cases coming out i might consider over this.
The "offical word" is Q3 2009, so some time between July and September

It was originally supposed to come out early July, but due to issues with retooling, etc. they've had to push it back.

---
Bob - Core i3 530 | Gigabyte H55N-USB3 | 4GB DDR3 | Corsair H50 w/ TFC Triebwerk | Silverstone SG06