View Single Post
Old July 6, 2009, 01:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Polishing water block surface

Hey everyone,

First of all, I just want to say I love the site. I've been reading the reviews on Hardware Canucks for some time now, and the community here looks rich, smart and interesting, so I look forward to spending some time here.

I plan on building a new i7 rig in the fall, and I plan on making it my first foray into water cooling as well. I've done quite a bit of research on the subject, and I've since started gathering the components I'll need to put it all together. I've got a TFC X-Changer 360 on the way here from DazMode's store, and my water block actually came last week.

And that brings me to the topic of this post. I bought myself a nice shiny Heatkiller 3.0 from Sidewinder (don't ship UPS cross-border if you can help it, btw ), and when it arrived I could hardly contain myself. I tenderly ravaged the packaging until I revealed my prize, proceeding then to examine it thoroughly. My enthusiasm took a turn towards disappointment as I flipped over my water block to see that the base was covered with what looked like scratches and residue. I will attach a couple of pictures to illustrate this.

Is there any way I can clean up the base of my water block? I just won't feel right installing it as-is...