View Single Post
Old June 29, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
I strongly recommend dual boot - Simple tasks are a few clicks in Windows XP whereas you go through many hoops in Windows 7 - you can't revert to classic on everything now - For gaming I'd stick to Windows XP SP3 where DX9 is concerned, because of the new architecture of VISTA and the emulated nature of DX9, games somehow run faster in XP. However for DX10 games I use VISTA - so it's always good to dualboot. For Windows 7 I'd wait until it matures and drivers mature with it, much like I did with XP.
Well I don't really do much on my computer. Just surf the web, occasional games, play music, watch things. I'm not too good with dual boot and I admit I'm lazy to setup dual boot. I'll probably boot into Windows 7 99% of the time even if I dual boot because for the lag that GPU folding is very frustrating. Only turning on Aero can make the lag stop.

As what bojangles said, I can live with a couple FPS drops in my games.

@bojangles. I wouldn't say XP is dead since it's going to be supported by Microsoft till around 2012. I love Windows XP and it's the reason why I didn't want to upgrade to Vista. Vista got lots of criticism and I personally hate how it works. All the things that I know how to do in Windows XP, I barely know how to do in Vista.