Thread: Dell 2209WA
View Single Post
Old June 28, 2009, 03:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
After reading some reviews on the internet I would avoid this monitor - this is a cheap IPS (e-IPS) doesn't come closxe to the more expensive monitors. I don't see how this monitor can be used for photography, color correction, etc, given it's poor color reproduction and other problems.

Dell UltraSharp 2209WA review | LCD Review Zone

I've read much the same reviews elsewhere as well. To me color accuracy is everything - and monitors with poor gamma and bad color accuracy = useless - Now I know why I'm sticking to CRT - I have yet to see ANY LCD monitor come close to CRT in terms of color accuracy! This Dell monitor is way overrated IMO.
An economy monitor over-rated? I think you have completely and totally missed the point and target market for this monitor. Anyone buying it is CERTAINLY not looking for perfection. If that is needed and you must have a LCD then you would not even look at ANY current retail LCD out there, you'd be looking for medical grade screens.

I see lots of critiques like yours and it leads me to one conclusion. You condemn a product without personally seeing it. There has not been and will be no further enhancements in CRT technology so you either learn to adapt to what is available or hope your CRT lasts the next 30 years.

Any way you look at it, noone buys CRT's anymore. In the world of 22" LCDs which is completely full of TN panels, this IS the best you can get for a reasonable price. When you start to have reasonable expectations then maybe a LCD is in your future.