View Single Post
Old October 4, 2007, 02:12 PM
Top Prospect

Hey Dee, I actually thought the same about the black coolant but after waiting 3 weeks for blue I said to hell with it and went with black. I have to say I do love the look of it but it does make for a little difficulty on seeing the flow. But if you know your shit and after building this rig I don't have any problems noticing the liquid flow in my system.

As for painting Nah! I love the black/silver combo. Now for the loop around hoses. I really do like the look, looks kind of like HR Giger.. LOL I think this design will cool me system great.

Although I did try to find a way to situate the rad so I didn't have to do the loop around but there was really no way.

I have seen a couple inside rad mounts but that requires you taking out 1 set if HD bays which act as a support and you also have to take out another support (right in front of the PSU.) 3 supports in total. The Lian Li V2000 Plus case are quite wabbley as is so when you remove those (supports) it makes the case even more flimsy. Plus I don't like inside rad mounts. It doesn't make sense to me. You want the coolest air possible cooling the liquid and in order to do so you need fresh air not case heated air.
1 Primary Raptor X 150 gig + 2 150 gig Raptors in RAID 0,
Swiftech H20-220 Ultra with a Stealth GPU water block,
Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC 24" monitor,
Lian Li V2000 Plus Case slightly modded,
Steelseries Akari Laser Gaming Mouse, Razor Tarantula keyboard,
AuzenTech Prelude Sound Card,
Pioneer VSX-1016TXV receiver with Bose 301's,
AKG K240 Phones, Blue Snowflake USB Microphone.