View Single Post
Old June 16, 2009, 06:35 PM
Top Prospect

Question Vista x64 / Win7 x64 + 4gigs ram = Which TV tuner (Shaw Digital : Vancouver)

Phew, what a title! I'm having trouble to find the TV tuner card that would suit me best. The long and short of things is I have a basic shaw digital cable box and want to run the output from it into my PC so I can watch the standard def channels on my secondary monitor and ditch the old 32" Television that's on the other side of the room.

In the past I have tried the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 in my rig and had nothing but problems. I am hesitant to use them again as I had to return the thing after it would not play nicely with Vista 64 and my 4gigs of ram. I'm not sure if that was all related to the card being PCI instead of PCI-e, (the 4gigs I read after the fact is the main problem those cards seemed to have).

So the question is, does anyone currently in the Vancouver area, running Vistax64 or beta Win7x64 bit edition with 4gigs of ram, know of a tuner that would work with Media Center?. I don't really need a remote / IR blaster combo as I can just use the shaw remote and change the digital box myself (with the PC set to channel 3, etc). Thanks for any help that may come, long time lurker to these great forums.