View Single Post
Old February 22, 2007, 06:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default TechGage Reviews the Antec Solo

Antec: for those of us who want performance but would rather their pc didn't resemble some sort of screaming demon, or a cylon.

This is a well done review with cooloing performance camparisons under different loads to the TT tsunami.

just a pros and cons summary:
  • Pros
  • Amazing styling
  • Excellent Finish
  • Beefy Design
  • Excellent Cooling
  • Solid Construction
  • Thoughtful Conveniences
  • Noise-Reduction Features
  • Cons
  • Not very roomy
  • Heavy
"What qualifies a true ‘high-end’ product? Is it a fusion of style and performance? (Antec has a case called the Fusion as well.) Or is it in the subtleties of the product – the ease of use, or its thoughtful features? Is it in the execution? Should the product be free of any design and manufacturing flaws whatsoever? Whichever metric you prefer, if you’re in the market for a high-end mid-tower PC case, you’d do well to at least take a look at Antec’s new SOLO case.
Admittedly, I entered this review with a few assumptions about Antec. They’ve been building solid and functional PC cases for almost 20 years, and I’ve been a fan of their products for as long as I’ve been a PC enthusiast. My very first case ever was an Antec Gemstone-series ATX Mid-Tower, which initially caught my eye with its colorful but elegant design, and held my first and second self-built systems. My second case was a Charcoal-colored Chieftec Dragon, which most older enthusiasts know better as the popular Antec SX1040.
When the SX1040 first showed up on the scene, many hardware review sites hailed it as the ultimate overclocker’s case, and it also served as the base for a bevy of heavily-modded machines – in the days before you could buy a blinged-out case off-the-shelf for $80 with a blue CCFL that flashes with the beat of your music, spinners on the fan grilles, and a speaker behind the front bezel that belches the alphabet."

More from TechGage