View Single Post
Old May 28, 2009, 09:44 AM
Banned
F@H

I don't know why everyone is so surprised...i7 was to total less than 10% of cpus shipped this year, and less than 2% last year. As such, this was in no way a mainstream product, nor was it expected to have a long lifespan...i7 is the new SkullTrail...and i5 is the mainstream platform.

This is why I decided to skip i7, and move away form Intel-based machines, as thier platform strategy didn't look good to me, as a person that continually upgrades.

I know I play the fanboy alot, but my complaints about i7 are based almost purely on this fact...that i7 was no differnt, and didn't offer any more, than what is currently out. The fact they managed to eke out more performance than Phenom 2 saved thier butts, and given how close the two platforms are, and AMD's APM system, Intel's i7 could become the lesser cpu very quickly...depending on how successful Phenom 2 is.

And maybe me pimping AM3 makes a bit of sense now, as it's clear that AM3 is just going to grow it's line-up; I jsut hope development of i5 boards doesn't affect RS880-based chipset products.