View Single Post
Old February 18, 2007, 08:07 PM
Top Prospect

Hold on before you jump on the water cooling wagon with that Geforce 8800 GTS. You will find that the Geforce 8800 GTS cards are built really differently and need special attention for cooling. That is the same card I have as you can see below. You have the same thoughts I had about spending extra money by getting a second card or spending it on a water block.

I've just received from NCIX the
Koolance VID-280-V10 Full Coverage Video Card Water Block for 8800 GTS 3/8IN Fittings SLI Ready.It was installed and removed over the week-end because the thing just would not fit right.

I'll wait till after I speak with the tech reps before discussing it further in the hardware thread but be warned that the card is not like ordinary cards and that the water block mentioned above as I received it didn't fit the GPU well enough to tranfer the heat at all.

Here is a link to the Koolance web page that has a download for the manual so you can see the back of that Geforce card and the looks of that water block http://www.koolance.com/support/file...10_d100eng.zip