View Single Post
Old May 13, 2009, 05:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
in theory your idea is correct about where the air is coming from that is going through the heat sink...but at the same time, he is in an enclosed case. chances are that after a few minutes of load, the entire case temperature equals out. same thing that happens in a water loop and why loop order really has a small impact on temps. that is the way i look at it. i just think without the CPU being pushed more and the cooling gets closer to its limits, changing heat sink orientation won't have much effect.

i could be completely wrong as that is one of those things that has to be tested on an individual basis to really know.
Oh I know its subjective, Airflow patters and thermals is something that I've done for a bit with my Job and as such gives me good Guessing abilities lol.
I could be completely wrong too 3oh6 , as you say its case by case basis.
Best way to know is to swing that TRUE facing the other way for a test and see what happens.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com