View Single Post
Old May 12, 2009, 09:44 AM
Allstar
F@H

So, yesterday, I finally had the chance to change my fan on my TRUE. I removed my 2 SF12 and replaced them with the P12 (Thanks Encorp ). Just before doing these tests. I just checked my IDLE temperature, and it was 37 - 38, the load temps were around 46 - 47.

So anyways, I removed the TRUE and all the fans, removed my old TIM and decided to put the IC7. Also, since the Bracket was out, I decided to put a Quarter under the bracket (didn't have any dime on me ). So, I applied the IC7 like the instruction said (5 - 5.5 mm). I then applied before with my hand, and try to see if it was evenly distributed. It was covering I would say 70% of my CPU... so I reapply some (smaller amount) and then right away I bolt it down. I could feel the quarter doing it's job as I couldn't move the heatsink anymore.

I plugged everything back together, I put the fan at 70% in my Smartfan setup, if they go over 50 degrees, they go at 100%. Check the BIOS temperature... 37 degrees

No changes! I changed 3 things: The TIM, The FANS and added a .25 under the bracket of my TRUE... something is wrong here... I was expecting to drop under 30 at least with all that. I have been doing a load test aswell and I was hitting roughly 45 - 46...

I'm seriously speechless... no changes... there has be something that I did wrong...

Anyways, :help:

Here's some pics

BTW, the Quarter was properly centered afterwards, this was my first try of clamping it.

Wires got tucked under the fan header afterwards.
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX

Last edited by Chos3n; May 12, 2009 at 10:39 AM.