View Single Post
Old May 8, 2009, 09:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
check bios or had this happen a couple of times a few weeks before a power supply went. usb seem to have power problem first not fact. jmo and experience
When it's booting up, the red light of the mice comes on. I go into BIOS, the red light on the Microsoft mouse goes on, just like when I boot into Windows XP. The red light on the Logitech mouse stays on though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
check bios or had this happen a couple of times a few weeks before a power supply went. usb seem to have power problem first not fact. jmo and experience
So you're saying that my PSU could be going? The computer is pretty old...Pentium 4 @ 1.5Ghz with 256MB RAMBUS....Generic case and PSU. My dad bought the computer from eSkyNet back in like 2001 and now I just use it as a multimedia computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Have you tried unplugging the mouse (after the XP Splash screen) and plugging it back into a different USB slot? I've run into this a few times and it seems to pick up the mouse in the different slot, and then works fine from there on in.
I've tried 3 different USB slots and the PS2 slot. None of them work, but the mouse light does come on as I said earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataxpert View Post
I know it look stupid, but did you give the time to the PC to install the driver of the mouse... this morning it take me 5 minutes on a customer. computer before the mouse start to work....
For as long as I could remember, I never installed any mouse drivers on that computer. These two mice always worked as soon as I plugged them into the computers. Plus the Microsoft mouse has been connected to the computer since September of 2008.