View Single Post
Old May 8, 2009, 05:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Smurph View Post
Yeah def will let you know on the shroud. I do have an extra S-Flex G(75CFM), but im not sure that would make a big difference in the temps. Def was looking at fans that have a CFM rating about 100. Yes I do agree also that I need a high static pressure fan but this is not a commonly listed specification. Ive also read that more fan blades = less static pressure. Ive pretty much come to the conclusion that listed fan specs = a bunch of hot air.

The Fan Blades are not the only thing that matter. It is their Pitch as well that will dictate how much Static Pressure is created. And, some of the Highest rated Deltas Have more blades than most other fans out there.
Material as well makes a difference, solid Plastic (or in the case of two of my Insturment Fan Types) metal, will aid in that as well.

I've found through trial and error that a lot of companies are pretty close in their ratings (Aerocool of all things is within the 10% margin of Error they state) for stats.

All in all, this HSF suffers from one design flaw that hopefully in Time the V12 (if ever released) will correct.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com