View Single Post
Old May 6, 2009, 03:54 AM
Top Prospect

Hey Reality...

Well, I've had the Acer Aspire One and I now have the Asus Eee PC 1000HA

I gotta say, I love my Asus. The screen is amazing. It has LED backlighting and it's easy to view from any angle. The screen is also a matte finish so it's easier to see in bright light than my Acer was.

The keyboard layout is great, even with my big mitts.

It plays 720p video without any hiccups and looks great doing it.

So far I've only found two negatives with it....

First, the touchpad buttons are right at the front of the unit, and what happens is sometimes it leans against your body and you hit a left or right click button, but this is very minor.

The second thing (a bit more major for me) is that it only has an SD card reader. I have a Sony DSLR and I can't plug my cards straight into it. I have to carry a card reader along with me (or the itty bitty Sony USB cable which I'm scared to lose!).

BUT, the incredible battery life makes up for these two small shortcomings on this netbook. I'd almost say it's an ultraportable except for it's lack of optical drive. But you know, I never miss not having it.

If I'm going on a trip, I just load a bunch of movies onto my 2.5" portable drive, and then load them to the Asus. No big deal.

My advice though, don't get black. It's hard to keep looking good. It picks up fingerprints very easily.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Oh, and for the mouse pad issue (I hate the things) I accessorized my Asus with a VX Nano mouse! Best thing ever!

It also has wireless N. This makes browsing FAST (at home and work I have N Networks)
Asus Rampage II GENE Motherboard
2 x Asus GTX 285 in SLI (710/1617/2700)
1 x 1tb WD Black
3 x WD 640AAKS in RAID 0
Enermax 85-1050 PSU
HP 30" 2560x1600, G19, G7, M-Audio Q40 Headset

Last edited by Toronto122; May 6, 2009 at 04:13 AM.