View Single Post
Old April 20, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default smartphone slow down

Hey guys, My brother in law came to me yesterday because his HTC mogul phone developed a massive slowdown, as if there was a program running flat out slowing everything else down. I checked out the runnning programs via taskmanager and saw nothing running outof the ordinary, or running with unusual cpu usage. the ram usage is very normal, with lots left when no apps are running. Soft resets change nothing, just boots up to the same problem.

Now, i dont know what the problem is on the phone exactly, but i'm pretty sure a hard reset will fix it, i told him to come back today when he gets off work and i have some time, an i'd do just that, but the situations changed...

I fired up my own phone today (an HTC touch pro) and its doing the EXACT same thing. Its one thing to assume an error when its only one phone that has the problem, but what are the odds of 2 non identical phones, that dont share the same hardware nor software having the same problem within a day of each other? I would almost guess virus, but niether phone has shared files (not recently anyway) and i'm certain mine hasnt been on the net, nor have blutooth on in at least a week. Most definatly not the same time his phone was here.

Again, i'm pretty sure a hard reset will cure both phones, and with microsoft's active sync, its actually a pretty pain free process, but i'd sure like to know the cause.

So i guess the point to my post is... is this an isolated problem or has anyone else here seen / heard or experienced this with their own smartphone?

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0