Project: PrometheusCU - Update #1 - Dec 3rd 08
View Single Post
April 19, 2009, 01:38 AM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Dude... I even included pictures of exactly what it's for. *face palm* Also I had two or three entire posts dedicated to these pcs a few weeks ago.
Furthermore... I KNOW neither of you read that last post. Otherwise you would likely have commented on the first sentence.
If you aren't going to at least take the time to read what's written - don't bother posting
Here are some detail shots showing the pain in the ass that was.
Here's the making-of the spacers:
First up some dimensions:
Here are the tools involved:
The stages of construction - because I used a displacement style cutter I'm left with a large burr on the edge. I used a countersink bit to ream out the inner edge.
Note the funky looking tool on the right.
I made this little device using some plastic washers, some old hardware, a micro nut driver, and a broken dremel bit. (The nut driver was replaced with a drill for most of the sanding). When you tighten the screw the rubber expands ans holds the spacer nice and firmly to make sanding easier:
Repeat process 144 times... and as my joints stiffened and as the blisters grew in number I soon learned to loathe these items:
- powered by:
July 2008 MOTM Nominee
TBCS: Front Page Article
TBCS: Featured Worklog
My System Specs
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Langer
Visit Langer's homepage!
Find all posts by Langer