My 5G iPod is not recognized by my PC
View Single Post
August 22, 2007, 02:29 PM
Join Date: Aug 2007
This worked for me, not sure if it applies to you, as you have tried this on a couple diff. machines...
I tried this and it updated successfully the new ipod
s/w 1.2 in my ipod 30gb [late 2005 stock].
1. Make sure that you have these services running
[control-panel->Admin. Tools ->services]
- Network DDE DSDM
-Routing and Remote Access
2. stop the iPodService [same location as (1)]
3. Connect your Ipod 5th gen
4. Start iTunes7.0 [automatically starts
5. Update the new s/w in iPod.
this should not take more than 3 mins. after that, it
will restart ur ipod. ur ipod s/w is updated as seen
My System Specs
View Public Profile
Send a private message to krispy
Find all posts by krispy