View Single Post
Old April 13, 2009, 08:00 PM

My System Specs

Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Please do. I'm very interested to see if anybody else is experiencing the same type of behaviour with this tim. I looked closely at it because I noticed that the load temps of the IC7 during benching seemed to indicate temps which were generally lower than the max temps I was getting. Seems to me somebody else mentioned temps which fluctuated by a fairly wide margin as well (edit: Found the post I was thinking about... Innovation Cooling 7 Carat Diamond TIM Test results thread *NOW ACCEPTING RESULTS!!* ).

I suppose it could just be the mount I'm getting, but I'm theorizing that the IC7 medium might allow temp changes to transmit faster and that a WC loop wicks away heat fast enough for that to show up in the graphs.

I also noticed that the idle temps seemed to drop faster with the IC7 mount during the 30 minute cool down after load testing.

Same thing Happened to me SS, I got a slight drop Initially , and then after the Hour long Prime Burn , I showed Better Temps right at the end.
The only one that gave me a World of issues was the AMD Mount, I got fluctuating Results until I got it seated properly (IC7 Wasn't Exclusive, It was a matter of getting the Right Spread , OCZ Freeze and Ultra Thermal have done the Same to me in the past).

All in all, it looks promising in the end.

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.