View Single Post
Old April 12, 2009, 08:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Very interesting, SS. Looks like I'll have to try some graphing of my own, just to see if I'm getting similar behaviour.

Been scratching my head a little over my own results so far, which are generating some anomalies of their own. Not the least of which is the fact that I'm seeing evidence of IC7 still curing (i.e. temps slightly improving) 12 hrs into a P95 burn. Beginning to wonder if I'm suffering from inadequate contact pressure, although my Fuzion V2 should be putting plenty on the IHS. Going to try spiking the springs for my fourth round of tests, see if that changes anything.
Please do. I'm very interested to see if anybody else is experiencing the same type of behaviour with this tim. I looked closely at it because I noticed that the load temps of the IC7 during benching seemed to indicate temps which were generally lower than the max temps I was getting. Seems to me somebody else mentioned temps which fluctuated by a fairly wide margin as well (edit: Found the post I was thinking about... Innovation Cooling 7 Carat Diamond TIM Test results thread *NOW ACCEPTING RESULTS!!* ).

Quote:
It's also worth mentioning that with the AS5, the temperature was a steady 50*C. However with the IC7, the temperature kept fluctuating between 47-50*C, but mostly kept at about 48-49. The Idle temperatures on the other hand, dropped much more, which is odd
I suppose it could just be the mount I'm getting, but I'm theorizing that the IC7 medium might allow temp changes to transmit faster and that a WC loop wicks away heat fast enough for that to show up in the graphs.

I also noticed that the idle temps seemed to drop faster with the IC7 mount during the 30 minute cool down after load testing.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP

Last edited by sswilson; April 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM.