View Single Post
Old April 1, 2009, 09:46 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I would like to Know, if it is typical with the IC24 I got, to have improved Temp Over time after Thermally Loading and cooling the Processor.
I noticed (as stated in my post) that I had a slight improvement after it had been in use for a little while.

Thanks,
ST
That's not abnormal. Most TIM's have curing times, IC24 (same as IC7) just has shorter set up times. Under ideal conditions with proper downforce, setup can be as little as approx 2 hours. Less downforce can result in longer set times (upto a week or so) and it's not unusual to see a slight drop in temps once it's cured and been thermally cycled. my personal experience has shown this to be true as the paste spreads out and fills all the tiny imperfections/gaps in the two surfaces, it reaches optimal performance.

So in short, not unusual at all...seems to me you did a good job with the application and the compound is doing it's job! i'm sure ICD7 can chime in with a much more scientific explanation as he's done very extensive testing with the compound.

Hope that helps!

- D

My Heat, Ebay, RedFlagDeals

Rig 1: CM HAF - Rampage Extreme - QX9650 - OCZ Gladiator Max - 4GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 - GTX280 - 2xBarracuda 500GB - 1xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 1000HX

Rig 2: Thermaltake Armor - P5K-E - E3110 - TRUE w/ 2 120's - 4GB Ballistix DDR2 1066 - 9800GX2 - 2xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 620HX

Rig3: Antec 900 - P5K-E/Wifi - E5200 - OCZ Vendetta 2 - 4GB OCZ DDR2 800 - 2x 8800GTS's - 1xWD Caviar 80GB - Pioneer DVD - OCZ 650W PSU