View Single Post
Old March 26, 2009, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just got and tried this stuff last night so while I wait for it to cure(assuming it has not already) I am just going to go ahead and say that no matter what cooler you have, you should warm up the IC Diamond before application. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS.
Do not give me any crap about it working fine when cold. That is bullshit.

Also, just ignore this stuff if you are using a heatsink that makes use of the stock AM2 retention bracket thingy. If you are using AM2 retention thingy just go get yourself some nice MX-2 or ASwhatever, IC Diamond will mostly only result in headaches and bad spreading for you due to it's properties and the angle that the HS is forced down at when you secure it.

So far when left with prime95 running from 22:00 to 09:00 the temps are still pretty similar to MX-2 but I will give it more time and then do a remount and post proper results later.
I would like to note that I am not sure how much force it is under at the moment and I am not about to stick my computer in a 100C oven. (Am I the only one who thinks that baking this stuff at that temp kinda skews the results a little considering that aside from industrial applications, it will never get that hot in 99% of the computers it gets used in?)