View Single Post
Old March 25, 2009, 09:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

CM-690 is a great case and would work just fine for this build, no reason to look else where if you fill the fan mounts (except the side CPU one) then it has the same if not more air flow then a haf, mine with 6 fans is VERY cool.

We need to stop trying to push i7s on people who arent looking for bleeding edge technologys, DDR3 is plain to expensive right now end of story, so unless your an enthusiast you will never see price/performance out of an i7 build.

as for ram go with these G.SKILL F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit - DirectCanada Awesome ram at rock bottom prices, without rebates. A xigmatec HDT 1283 cooler fits perfectly in the CM-690 as long as you dont put a fan in the top optional sidepanel mount, I have the windowed version that doesnt have that mount and I have about 1-2 cms of space between the side panel and the cooler. And this cooler cools very well, my CPU which although its a core is getting a decent amount of voltage is running at 52c at full load. The true is easily a better cooler mind you but it is pricey. If you do get a xiggy or even a true I highly recommend the backplate mounting kit.\

EDIT: Just noticed that you already ordered, congrats =)

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.