View Single Post
Old March 19, 2009, 03:18 PM
Top Prospect

No, they're not TRUE 7.1 surround sound. The software from Logitech drives them and emmulates the 7.1 surround. I've had a pair of actual 5.1 channel surround sound headphones, and they sounded aweful. These are a much more elegant solution to headphones and surround sound. And the end result should be very similar to your Sennheisers. I have a pair of Sennheisers at home, and I can tell you without and question, these sound better (they're not very big Senn's, but they were almost double the price of the G35s.

I of all people appreciate the fact that I now have the (temporary) use of this headset. My GF works strange hours as a nurse, and I like to game with my headset on when she's sleeping, and these will certainly improve the experience!!!

Now, for the question of what software actually drives the headset, the simple and short answer is...I don't know. I have an Asus motherboard and I use onboard sound, so when I plug the USB headset in, what software drives them? Is it Vista, the Asus audio driver, or the logitech software? If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it!
Asus Rampage II GENE Motherboard
2 x Asus GTX 285 in SLI (710/1617/2700)
1 x 1tb WD Black
3 x WD 640AAKS in RAID 0
Enermax 85-1050 PSU
HP 30" 2560x1600, G19, G7, M-Audio Q40 Headset