View Single Post
Old August 9, 2007, 05:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Drop your cpu multi and retest to see if it's the mem.
QFT As both posters said it sounds like memory, do you know the limit on your ram yet? I find the limit of my ram first ( or cpu first it doesn't matter ) drop the multi, throw 2.7v @ least ( I had mine @2.95v for years but whatever ) run stock timings or loosen them abit. I wouldn't go 3-3-3-8 yet but drop to 2.5 if your inclined. so start raising the FSB 1:1 5mhz @ a time if it boots to dows, run super pi, if it passes raise the FSB again. if it fails to boot or fails super pi then give it 2.8v if that fails loosen timings, once your @ the limit of your ram then you do the same thing with you cpu, raise the multi and drop to your lowest divider.
Now your ready to overclock, it rarely works perfect , @ least for me, now you know the "range" of what your hardware can do, now start fiddling to get the best clocks out of both cpu/ram, this isn't something that happens overnight. And thats the best part of overclocking, the little tweaks, the mass of notes on different settings scattered amongst my desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton