View Single Post
Old March 16, 2009, 08:33 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenagy View Post
1) Is more memory (referring to comment about X-RAM) really need for games (Crysis, etc)?
2) Any word on if the D-sub cable will be sold separately for spares?

1) X-RAM provides a benefit only in software that supports it, if a game doesn't support X-RAM then it is just as well your card doesn't have it. This is why I listed it as a con. Right now the only software I know supports it is Doom 3, Quake 4, Battlefield 2, Prey, UT2003, UT2004, and F.E.A.R.. However, I've heard the anything using OpenAL supports use of X-RAM but gains are minimal and vary from game to game. Some OpenAL games include: Bioshock, Gears of War, GRID, Mass Effect, STALKER and STALKER Clear Sky, Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter, and America's Army. These games should at least recognize and make use of the X-RAM but really won't provide much of an advantage.
2) Knowing Auzentech if you needed a replacement cable they would provide you with one, maybe even free of charge. They have great support.

I will say I continue to LOVE this card and it is easily one of the best components in my PC. Creative's ALchemy works excellent as well.
Lian Li PC-V1010B : Dell U3011 30" LCD : Dell U2311 23" LCD : Asus P6T Deluxe X58 : Intel i7 920 @ 3.5GHz : OCZ DDR3 12GB @ 1483MHz 8-8-8-24 : Noctua NH-U12P : 2x MSI 6970 Lightning CF : Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 : 2x Samsung DVD-RW : Samsung DVD-ROM : OCZ Synapse 64GB Cache SSD : WD 1.5TB Black HDD : 2x WD 1TB Black HDDs : Corsair HX1000W : Cyborg R.A.T. 9 : Razer BW Ultimate Keyboard : Energy C-200 /w Yamaha RX-V667 AVR : Sennheiser HD555 Headphones : APC UPS XS 1200 : WIN 7 ULT 64