View Single Post
Old March 16, 2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by crispex View Post
Hello there.

I'm pretty new to this forum, and the first thing I did upon signing up was post a build of mine, with a major question about it.

Some helpful people have since pointed me to this thread.

My build involves a current EVGA X58 board, and I still need to know: does the V-10 even fit on that board at all?

EVGA put some very large heatsinks in some places that could prove very bad for the V-10's size. I could do some math, I know, but I wouldn't trust my answers. I want to know about it from the guys who reviewed it, who held it in their hands.

Hah, it's the one thing I hate most about trying to buy something through the internet. You can't touch anything that you're trying to buy.

There is a thread on the EVGA forums, and a few people with EVGA X58 mobo's are running the V10 cooler. It fits.

btw I remounted my V10 with MX-2 paste and dropped a couple degrees (not hitting 80c anymore)...maybe a better mount this time.

that is an i7 with 1.5Vcore and 1.5VTT (no HT though)
beats my borrowed True 120 by almost 5c (which is decent)
and then
I tested with HT on, I really doubt there is any air cooler made that can keep an i7 at 1.5v Vcore and VTT cool with multithreading enabled. I got up to 90c in a few short minutes with HT on (P95). That TEC cannot do anything when faced with HT.