View Single Post
Old March 16, 2009, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispex View Post
Hello there.

I'm pretty new to this forum, and the first thing I did upon signing up was post a build of mine, with a major question about it.

Some helpful people have since pointed me to this thread.

My build involves a current EVGA X58 board, and I still need to know: does the V-10 even fit on that board at all?

EVGA put some very large heatsinks in some places that could prove very bad for the V-10's size. I could do some math, I know, but I wouldn't trust my answers. I want to know about it from the guys who reviewed it, who held it in their hands.

Hah, it's the one thing I hate most about trying to buy something through the internet. You can't touch anything that you're trying to buy.

There is a thread on the EVGA forums, and a few people with EVGA X58 mobo's are running the V10 cooler. It fits.

btw I remounted my V10 with MX-2 paste and dropped a couple degrees (not hitting 80c anymore)...maybe a better mount this time.
78c though...lol

but
that is an i7 with 1.5Vcore and 1.5VTT (no HT though)
beats my borrowed True 120 by almost 5c (which is decent)
and then
I tested with HT on, I really doubt there is any air cooler made that can keep an i7 at 1.5v Vcore and VTT cool with multithreading enabled. I got up to 90c in a few short minutes with HT on (P95). That TEC cannot do anything when faced with HT.