View Single Post
Old March 12, 2009, 12:47 PM
Allstar

Just did some quick research, and people are doing just fine with a single MCP655 on a dual-rad config, some with more than 3 blocks. Since the CPX-PRO is slightly less powerful than an MCP655, I think it should turn out alright with 3 blocks. 4 would be pushing it though. If I decide to do the window res, I'll definitely need two pumps. But, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

You guys are right, I was trying to make this way more complicated than it really is. I think this will be my final setup (reorganized and scaled more appropriately for my case):

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
question what kind of computing will be doing with this set-up ?

IMHO for pumps go with DCC and loose the 4 to 1 manifold

using 2 1/2" Y's , you push on 3/8 tubing just muscle an pot of warm water

for rez just get a large one an share with both circuits mod for fill port by adding

another 3x 1/4npt hole on top
Workstation for all media (audio, video, web, print), and a little gaming now and then.

I want to give the CPX-PRO a shot, as it is reportedly considerably quieter than the competition, despite being a little weaker. But yeah, I will be getting rid of the Koolance quad thing. I'll probably avoid a res altogether, but we'll see if the window res is doable or not, if so, that's what I'll do.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro

Last edited by S_G; March 12, 2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: stray line