View Single Post
Old July 29, 2007, 01:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpus Masochist View Post

So Tell me a little about CoolDrive. I am curious to know from a real persons perspective.
Well It dropped my hdd temps down but thats not really a big deal, the software is crap but install it @ least once so that you can change the "idle" display to something other than "Cooldrive6" for me it reads "Supergrover's Rig" but you can change it to a max of 32 char I believe.
The build is nice and solid and quite sharp looking, the front display is more a white than blue though, temps probes are close +/- 1-2 deg C accurate enough if you mentally compensate. The alarm though is way too low for my rig, running under a load, say playing a game there is no way I can hear clearly over my fans and game.
It's not quite as flashy as most, one of the reasons I like it, it doesn't seam to draw the eye as say something with a larger display panel but gives you what you need (temps/fan speed) @ a quick glance.
I have had it for about 2 years now and the only problem I have had is dust but the fan access cover is a snap to pull and clean so no biggy there.
Oh yeah and the labels for the temp probes disintegrated after about 1.5 years.
I would buy another in a heartbeat if I was in the market for a controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton

Last edited by Supergrover; July 29, 2007 at 01:58 PM.