Thread: 'New' GTS250?
View Single Post
Old February 23, 2009, 10:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I really don't understand the reasoning behind not wanting to put product in the hands of as many reviewers as they possibly can. Does somebody up top really thing that "bad" news isn't going to get out, and how "sympathetic" do they think that reviewers who have to pony up the cash themselves are going to be?

SKYMTL obviously can't comment too much, but since I'm pretty well out of the review business I'll chime in and let folks know that there is a hell of a lot of crap that goes on behind the scenes WRT who does and doesn't get a review sample.

Many manufacturers "expect" to get some kind of pat on the back no matter what they ship you. Even those who get a reasonable review can be cantankorous if you don't give them a 5 star rating. What they don't realise is that an honest review which points out small issues with the product but still gives it a good overall review is going to sell a lot more product than one that looks like it came straight from the manufacturer's PR department.

Anywise.... < Rant = Off > and I'll let you folks get back to business.... :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP