Let's go Team !!
View Single Post
February 22, 2009, 05:21 PM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
My System Specs
Originally Posted by
I think the folding rig has a stability issue when I try to run the cpu app. I don't get nans...I get "Application has encountered an error" error. Will figure it out.
Just started messing with the SMP client, and was using Xilikon's guides. Has anybody had experience with this before or has seen this;
1. Installed the Deino client. All is well installing Deino.
2. While configuring FaH (using the -configonly flag), I get to the step where you can select small, normal, or big tasks. If I choose "big" or "normal", the client crashes (Windows terminates the program). If I choose small, configuration continues. Tried this several times, (deleting the config files before trying), and always crashed at the same place.
3. Tried the MPICH client. All went well with first part of install.
4. See step 2. Exactly same problem.
5. Use memtest, prime for a short bit. Nothing.
6. Installed the regular x86 cpu client (non-smp or high performance). All is well and works fine (200ppd...ugh)
7. Retried the MPICH client, but this time I created a shortcut and put the -smp flag in via shortcut. I tried this as the guides I have been looking at say to add the -smp flag later in the installation, not at the beginning when running the -configonly flag.
8. Config runs like a champ. Now happily folding, but not long enough to get any idea of the ppd yet.
I went and re-checked the guides I was using and nothing mentioned the -smp flag was needed before running the -configonly flag.
You guys ever see this crash? I am wondering if there is an issue with my folding rig or if I just PEBKACed the install (although for the life of me I re-checked Xilikon's excellent guide and I see nothing there about ensuring the -smp flag being needed with the -configonly flag when initially running the client).
Thanks for any info from the smp veterans!
Fold for team #54196
My System Specs
Main(Blackie) Asus Rampage III Formula // F@H Rig(Foldy) Asus P6T
Blackie: i7 970 @4.0GHZ Heatkiller 3.0// Foldy: i7 970 @4.0GHZ EK Supreme
Blackie: Corsair Vengeance 12GB 1600mhz // Foldy: Mushkin 1600MHZ 6GB
Blackie: Evga GTX 580 1.5GB Koolance WB Foldy: Zotac GTX 460 768MB
Blackie: OCZ Vertex 2 240GB, Seagate 3TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Black 1TB Foldy: Intel X25-M 80GB Gen2, WB Black 500GB Externals: WD Green 1.5TB, WD Green 1TB
Blackie: Corsair AX1200w // Foldy: Enermax Revo85+ 1050W
Blackie: Corsair 800D // Foldy: CM HAF 932
Blackie: X-fi Titanium Pro
Blackie: LG Blu-ray writer // Foldy: LG Blu-ray rom
Blackie: Samsung 2693HM 25.5in // Foldy: Acer H213HBMID 21.5in
Blackie: W7 Ultimate 64-bit // Foldy: W7 Pro 64-bit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to chrisk
Find all posts by chrisk