View Single Post
Old July 27, 2007, 06:15 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Logitech Z-680's>Z-5500's>Klipsch. The Klipsch have the best satellites, but they have a horrible design for the sub and it has a short amplifier life. The Z-680's sub sounds better than the Z-5500's, less muddling and it is just clearer. I have had my Z-680's for 2 1/2 years with no problems so far. I added some 1" automotive tweeters to the fronts and center and that sure made a big difference.
Well, that's pretty much completely opposite from my experiences. What's so bad about the Klipsch sub? If you listen to any actual high-end equipment, the Klipsch sound is by far the most similar, while the Z-680 sub is all over the place.

The Creative S750 (and the 5.1 system minus 2 sattelites) had the best satellites of any computer speaker system, but it was discontinued some time ago. The sub was quite nice too, not as much power as the Klipsch, but not nearly as sloppy as the Logitech series.

For anyone who's looking to replace computer system sattelites with higher end stuff, I've recommended a pair of Boston Acoustics CR-67 bookshelves to a few people, and they've loved the results. Make sure to demo them instore first.