View Single Post
Old July 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
MVP

all the asus mobo's have vdroop ... I don't rely on V reported by cpu-z ... use asus probe instead. ok will do

Does it post at 380? but won't boot? If it won't post then memory is prolly stopping it. no post

You should run your mem at 1:1 with loose timings while trying to find the max cpu oc. Give the mem 2.1V. After you find cpu oc, then find your best memory speed & timings. not sure about that right now bios says ddr 700

Have you tried fsb's in betwen 336 in your post and 380? its at 350 all morning (sorry sounds noobish, cause it is)

Ususally best to work your way up to 380 in 10-20 increments, only bumping vc when needed. did in 10's every 30 or so had to ad vc to see desktop

Also, have you run any stress tests at 336? I like a 1m superpi and sandra bandwidth followed by orthos. Its best to establish the lowest VC that it will pass those tests at 336 before moving higher. Too much VC can sometimes hurt an OC depending on your chip.haven't done any of that , guess I better hu ? whys 336 important ?

btw is vcore to high as in damaging something ?