View Single Post
Old February 16, 2009, 06:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenagy View Post
Thanks for the feedback on the memory. As I think about it, memory response plays heavily in virtualization. I just might go for the faster memory. Another thought came back to me: will the cooling fins on the memory interfere with the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 on the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P? Are there other recommendations for air cooling a Q9650?
Possibly, though you could possibly orient the CPU heatsink a different way or just get RAM with normal sized heatspreaders.

Quote:
I do all my PC shopping at NCIX, so I am a little confused about the reference to 500 points. What's this about?
You get points for writing reviews and clicking those links in the newsletters to get 25 points. I pay via Bill Payment and get points from it as well, not sure if it works with Credit Cards and other methods though. The VIP membership costs 500 points.
NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.

Quote:
I think the full-tower cases are overkill for air cooled systems. I have heard mixed opinions about the Antec 900. I will look into the CM590. The concern I have is decent air flow and cable management. Lights, windows and other doo-dads don't interest me. Any thoughts on the Antec P182 as an option?
IMO the P182 is kind of crapped if you put a HD4870X2 in, mainly because you loose the upper hard drive cage. And well I don't think it has as much cooling potential as other cases.