View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old February 12, 2009, 12:55 PM
belgolas's Avatar
belgolas belgolas is offline
Hall Of Fame
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Posts: 4,101

My System Specs


I have an extra rig so it wouldn't bother me too much if I went a week without my main rig. Although I have heard some people have had to wait several weeks. Now personally is the GTX 260 Core 216SC worth 100 bucks to upgrade probably not IMO because I personally Nvidia ONLY released the latest series to beat ATI. Now rumors have it that the new big daddy GPUs will be coming out this summer. So since the GTX 260 can hanle most games at max settings already I think it would be wiser to wait till then or else you might be stuck with the equivalent version of the 9 series vs GTX 200 series. But this is only my opion and if you are also like me and want the faster now then do it. The pro is that you will get a faster card and even if the new GTX 300 or 5870 come out you could sell the GXT 285 for a lot more than a GTX 260. So either way is a good move.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Reply With Quote