View Single Post
Old February 12, 2009, 10:30 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
I don't mean to poo poo on it or come of as harsh sorry - just my opinion - but it would be better to look into something like this:
NCIX.com - Buy NCIX PC 9-SERIES Core i7 920 6GB RAM 500GB USB Sound LAN 4870 512MB 650W -ASSEMBLED - 9SERIES V-5500 In Canada.

But component/price that gateway is definitely not bad.
To a certain extent I agree with you but you are comparing something that you can buy and have serviced locally to a product that has to be shipped across the country (for most people) for an RMA. If I had the choice, I know which one I would pick...

As for the 500W statement, it looks like FS copied many of the specs from the FX6800-01e spec cheet over on Gateway.ca since the FX6800-03H is not even up on Gateway's site. So, I would think it would ship with a 650W+ PSU.

If I buy a Dell or even Gateway product, I know I can pick up the phone, call a 1-800 number and have my issues dealt with in a timely manner. And before you say that Dell or Gateway farms out their Canadian Tech Support, I'll be quick with the "bollocks" statement since they all have Canadian-based tech support if customers would look at their bills.

Personally, if I was thinking of buying a pre-built box I would stick with the large vendors liek the aforementioned Dell, Gateway or HP.