View Single Post
Old February 7, 2009, 04:24 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Thats strange to hear as LGs are usually a good long term users. IF you can find them the Samsung 203 are great burners (newer gen 223 are OK but don't give as good burn quality). Must have fed 500 or 600 through my 203s so far. IF you only use cheap media I'd go with a Pioneer. Especially if you use -Rs. They seem the most forgiving....though Ritek DLs blow...so it will be like trying to spit shine a turd. I use only +R so I can't give specific models for pioneer. But I had great success with them in the past.

That being said it sounds like you have real problems if your system is killing burners before 50 burns! You might want to head on over to the cd freaks forum as they are the real experts when it comes to burners.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr