View Single Post
Old February 6, 2009, 07:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I have that drive but mine is IDE not sata. I have experienced those same issues before as well.

I have been able to narrow it down (somewhat anyways) to the media I was using. You see some times, more often than not, if I use Memorex DL DVDs it will crap out on me. It would slow down the entire machine, cause things to skip, and even lock up the entire machine and I would have to do a hard boot. Even then it owuld actually make my drive disappear from the bios and windows. To fix this I would have to manually eject the disk and then once the disk was out I could reboot the machine and it would see the drive again.

That only happens when I use the Memorex DL DVDs, now I use Verbatim only. The thing is I still have information on those disks so I do have to occasionally have to hope that it will work when I put the disk in. It's pretty much a 50/50 chance that I will be able to read the data.

So my question/advice to you would be, are you using the memorex disks? And if so see if another disk, like verbatim, works.

Otherwise, you could also look to see if there is a firmware update for the drive.