View Single Post
Old January 20, 2009, 07:11 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
We will give you heck if you don't!

I was thinking of ways to try to promote the HWC folding team. I think we do pretty good for our size, but more members would be great.

We have the badges and the forum category...I was thinking some HWC folding swag but the numbers of people who would buy might not warrant an order. Sky mentioning folding in his reviews as he has might pique some interest...anyone else have any ideas?
I was thinking it might be time to expand the scope of our Folding/Crunching Teams. When Rosetta@Home was first proposed I for one thought it might detract from our Folding@home Team, instead it seems to have reinvigorated it with several former members returning to the Fold and working hard as members of both parts our Team.

We already have a fledgling Seti@Home presence which is useful for when R@H is having server/supply issues. Another Boinc project which might spark interest is the World Community Grid [WCG]. One of the WCG projects is 'Help Cure Cancer' which is based out of the Ontario Cancer Institute, being Canadian I thought it a natural fit for this Forum. I know there are several HWC members that run WCG for other teams that we can hopefully recruit.

Separate from the Folding/Crunching I think we should start participating in DC Vault - Home Page which a clearing house for all things DC and runs a global master standings chart. This would result in greater exposure for our Teams and for HWC in general. There are currently ~394 teams and with our standings in F@H and R@H I think we would place about 264th on the list and would climb fast.

Sorry for the long post, but I think its time to do this. So what do you think ??...