View Single Post
Old January 14, 2009, 10:11 AM
Allstar

Default How safe is this?

I am trying to use my FuZion v1 block on my LGA1366 rig. They still haven't released a plate for it. I didn't want to add any more waiting time, so instead of ordering a new block, this is what I've done:

I had some old 5.25" drive covers lying around. I rolled them up (too lazy to cut them) and slid them onto two of the screws for the block, and then added another pair of screws and nuts through the covers on the block itself.

The other two block screws are tightened onto the edges of the plate. They seem to give some pressure, but any sudden movement and it'd slip out of place. That's why I had to come up with something to make it a little sturdier. Got the basic idea from Linus' blog.

Think my ghetto mount will be sturdy enough? Will I even get enough pressure? I'm unable to test, since my RAM is still MIA (it was supposed to arrive today, dammit!).
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro