View Single Post
Old January 12, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've come up with a different hard drive configuration.... Talked to a computer knowledgeable friend (at least I think he is..) and came up with this which seems alright to me, I want to ditch IDE completely, I hate the huge cable, plus it's slower than SATA obviously.
2 WD 74 gig raptors in raid 0
1 WD 640 gig for other random storage...

I'm not getting any motherboard suggestions yet, but from what I've read so far it seems the Asus is the better choice.. I combo'd it with some 1600mhz ram also, as you can see here.. I'm going to assume it's decent RAM, I'm using it right now in pc6400 version... it is 1.65v too which what I read is what the I7 wants.
I'm going to look into getting that bracket for the heatsink and try it out.. I have faith in my 8 case fans in the antec 1200, so I'll see how that goes, worst comes to worse I will have to get a new heatsink anyways..

EDIT: I found it on the newegg.com site.. here: Newegg.com - ZALMAN ZM-CS4A Socket 1366 Clip Support Kit for CNPS9500/9700 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
I emailed them about anything they can do for me to get it from .ca... I hope it goes well, I mean.. I am about to buy 1500 dollars worth of crap from them!

Last edited by Jake_HT; January 12, 2009 at 04:05 PM.